RC cars are a rage among kids as well as adults. However, one should be aware of a few things before opting to buy remote controlled cars. Among the vast collections available in the market, there are a few things one should check when opting for the best RC cars under $100.
Types of RC Cars Available
When looking to purchase such miniature vehicles, first and foremost, one should decide what type of car he/she is looking for. Basically, there are three types:
- Trucks for Off-Road: Remote controlled trucks are a better option than RC carswhen driving on rugged terrain. They are remarkable for outdoor purpose and some even come with water-resistance.
- Fast RC Cars for On-Road: Some vehicles reach speeds of up to 100mph. So, if speed is what a person is searching for, then they should opt for cars in this category. It moves and handles swiftly on smooth surface and allows going around obstacles.
- Buggies for All Types of Roads: An individual can utilize this type of miniature car for off-road as well as on-road purpose. However, it won’t be as fast as RC cars and they cannot climb rugged terrain like RC Trucks.
Body of these Vehicles
Two primary types of frame are available: plastic and metallic. So, know the difference and choose accordingly.
- Metallic Body: This frame will cost more but the size and the heavyweight might slow down the car.
- Plastic Body: This is which most people opt for, especially those who want to use it for racing. These are lighter and also more flexible, which makes them faster than metal bodied ones. Moreover, newer models which are just under $100 are durable too.
Smoke and sound are essential when it comes to making it look more realistic. Hence, one should consider loudness which canbe adjusted to the arena where one drives. For fire effects, there should be a recoil system which makes it look cooler.
Two power sources are available; one uses rechargeable batteries while the other runs on fuel.
- Rechargeable Battery: Most cars under $100 have a rechargeable battery for power. Starting with electric cars is easy. However, these are not as powerful or as fast as the ones which use nitro fuel.
- Nitro Fuel RC Cars: These are quick and powerfulbut are more expensive. Moreover, it requires adequate maintenance too. Also, one needs to spend on gas as well as oil and is not an ideal option for children.
Ergo, go through the requirements and then select the model which suits your needs the best. If you are just starting in this field, thenyou should opt for the best RC cars under $100.